Why Precision Microdrives?
Precision Microdrives is an ISO 9001:2015 trusted designer and manufacturer of miniature, cost-effective, and well engineered motors and motor mechanisms.
Our products might look the same as others, but it’s what’s on the inside that makes the difference. That’s a difference that can only comes from technical expertise, and engineering diligence.
We think of our business as providing our industry a much needed service that creates and delivers highly specified, reliable motor products, On Time and To Spec.
The Benefits Of Working With Precision Microdrives
Working with motors and mechanisms seems to cause the most pain to experienced engineers out of all electronic components. This is because it’s a multi-discipline area of engineering, producing products that require many electronic and mechanical trade-offs.
Motor and mechanism design requires detailed application experience, and extensive know-how in a large number of manufacturing processes. Even a simple motor contains around 25 sub-components and requires large amounts of hand assembly to high tolerances, which exponentially increases with complex mechanisms.
By comparison the benefits of partnering with Precision Microdrives are far simpler:
- We will remove from you a significant source of stress, because we have that steep learning-curve already under our belt. We have the knowledge, processes and infrastructure to deal daily with challenging motor and mechanism development and manufacture
- Using our parts will increase your confidence in your product’s end performance. We will introduce a better designed specification, and use the right sub-components for your application
- In cases where we displace a legacy US or EU motor supplier, we will save you significant costs. We have consistently saved customers 6 figure sums, which ultimately fall straight into increasing the P&L
- Communicating with us is easy. There are no cultural cross-wires, and often we will deal with you in your native language. Our sales team is made up of experienced engineers so you can feel confident that you have been understood from the start
- Working with us will free up your time, which you can use to add more value to your own customers. Beware of competitors that are cheaper up-front. In the motor market, you are very likely to be trading money up-front for your own time downstream. Consider the opportunity cost of managing problems on your own
- Your personal logistics will be much simpler. No more red-eye flights to Asia. No more emergency business trips to ‘fix production’. Focus on what matters to your business, by passing that responsibility to us
A Culture of Engineering Excellence
Our most successful supply partnership are with customers who are technically ambitious, able to clearly communicate their requirements, and who put quality consistency at the centre of their business.
We strive to be the most reliable EMS supplier for motors and miniature motor mechanisms for demanding markets such as:
- High-grade Consumer / Prosumer
We create designs that perform well and can be manufactured consistently to agreed standards and specifications.
We have a company structure that supports improved communications with our customer and supplier eco-systems, enables engineering creativity and imposes manufacturing control.
Our technical and quality control infrastructure and know-how, enables us to efficiently produce highly consistent motor and mechanisms.
Our company culture is one that focuses on meeting customer needs to drive business growth.
Our Competitive Advantages
It’s our excellence in engineering services that sets our motor and mechanisms products apart.
We excel in 4 areas that no other Asian-infrastructure manufacturers come close to matching:
Trusted Precision Motor Design
Design clearly influences a products in-application performance. However the design phase also casts the largest shadow of the whole design / manufacturing / delivery process. Choices made here will have a massive effect on application performance, manufacturing efficiency, quality consistency, supply security, and of course cost.
At Precision Microdrives we have specialist application design teams in London (UK), and experienced production design teams in Hong Kong, for the design-for-manufacture phase.
Flexible Motor & Mechanism Manufacturing
Manufacturing motors and mechanisms is a tricky business. It’s a mix of electronic and mechanical engineering disciplines, a mix of design and production experience, and requires a commitment to process, detailed planning and strict controls.
Infrastructure and sub-component relationships are equally important, and at Precision Microdrives we are unique in operating production lines in Hong Kong, right next door to our production engineering department. We use these lines to manufacture high value assemblies, and trial / prepare for mass production.
Dependable Quality Control & After-sales Support
Without reliable quality controls, any manufacturing will be a disaster. The metric for manufacturing success in the engineering industry is consistent conformity to the agreed or published specification.
At Precision Microdrives, quality controls get introduced at the product design stage and grows into a series of control plans and statistical process controls, by the time the product reaches production.
We back our quality consistency standards with industry leading after-sales support. We look out for you needs by helping with production planning, part lifecycle management, and engineering investigations.
Industry Leading Motor Testing & Validation Infrastructure
To be able to validate motor designs, and apply production quality controls, you need a reliable motor and mechanism testing infrastructure. The problem is that you can’t buy motor dynamometers or vibration longevity testing machines off the shelf. In fact, you can’t buy them at all, which means you have to design and manufacture them from scratch.
Our motor testing department, has been designing and building industry leading testing machines for over 10 years now. We operate computer controlled and centrally data-logged testing equipment that uses the latest motor dynamic loading technology.
We can use these machines to simulate our motor designs in your application, thereby proving that they will work. We can also use these machines in the manufacturing process to further increase confidence that our products will work as expected, every time.
Learn More About Precision Microdrives
The following pages cover more about how we surpass customer expectations and deliver on our promises.