- Expedite your product development
- Managing your engineering risk
- Free up your internal resources for more valuable R&D
Trust us to expedite the design and manufacture high-quality, and cost-effective, sub-Ø60 mm DC motors and mechanisms for your product
For nearly two decades, we have managed our customers’ engineering risks on every design.
Using our proven technology and design process, we engineer cost-effective, multi-volume motor and mechanism solutions you can rely on. Freeing up your engineering resource to expedite your R&D.
Three main DC Gear motor technologies
Our three main DC gear motor solutions use iron core, coreless and brushless technologies with two gearboxes, spur and planetary, in a variety of materials.
78 stocked motor form factors
We want to help get you developing quickly. So we have many off-the-shelf form factors with a variety of winding configurations available for immediate sample or purchase.
Customised for your application
Your application is unique so we expect you to need some custom features or specific performance. Work with our application engineers to design the perfect solution.
Speak to an engineer
MOTOR ENGINEERING SERVICES
Products engineered for your application
Motor and mechanism design, motor testing and validation services, second sourcing and quality control consultancy.
With every vibration and haptic technology covered, we’ll help you select the best vibrating solution for your application.
Iron-core, coreless and brushless DC motor technologies in a wide range of form factors and sizes, with off the shelf sampling.
DC gear motors
Building on our range of DC motors, we integrate spur and planetary gearboxes, from 6mm to 60mm frame diameters.
Practical and reliable, low noise and high quality haptic feedback solutions for all types of application user interface.
Custom motor assemblies designed and manufactured to your requirements. A turnkey service from design inputs to mass production.
SPECIALISED ENGINEERING SERVICES
Find out more about our capabilities
YOUR MOTOR ENGINEERING PARTNER
Why Precision Microdrives?
Trusted motors and mechanisms
Getting the core of your application correct, first time
Motors and mechanisms are likely one of the most expensive lines on your BOM and also the least likely to be noticed by your customers. Until they fail…
So, choose an engineering partner that has extensive domain expertise in mitigating the technical risks of these complex products.
Rely on a manufacturing partner with a presence on the ground, robust quality control processes, and a familiar approach to maximising your value-add.
Priced to deliver the best value
We engineer our products to be optimised for your application and delivered at a best value cost.
We don’t engineer our solutions to the highest possible standards, or the lowest possible costs.
That’s not the only way we help your profitability either.
Add a very technically experienced, cost effective addition to your development team. We will free up your internal resource to focus on more valuable R&D work, which will expedite your development cycles.
Working with Precision Microdrives
- We design solutions that are manufacturable and reliable.
- Tested and validated for longevity, performance and environment.
- Absolute domain experts in motors and mechanisms.
- If we can help by sharing our expertise and experience, we will.
Robust quality controls
- Quality teams in Asia to control upstream component suppliers.
- QC methods developed specifically for motors and sub-components.
- Uniquely (for Asia) co-locating design engineers and final assembly lines in Hong Kong.
- Specialisation in complex electromechanical assemblies.
- Motor / mechanism custom end-of-line testing.
- We free up your resources and take away the pain of motor mechanisms for higher value R&D.
- Working as an extension of your business, at every stage.
- Pre and post-sales support, in your time zone and language.
Managing your risk
- Unparalleled motor mechanism experience enables us to predict problems and provide solutions.
- Competent skills and processes to mitigate risks from design through to mass production.
- A culture to get things right!
Key markets and applications
We provide motor and mechanism solutions to all sorts of industries, including:
- Point of care machines
- Lab analysis and diagnostics equipment
- Drug dispensers
- Automated test platforms
- Surgically implanted devices
- Monitoring and measuring devices
- Lab sample preparation equipment
- Diagnostics equipment
- Sensors and gauge testing
- Bench-top dispensary equipment
- Electronics test equipment
- Emergency services equipment
- Analysis and monitoring devices
- Transport and logistics
- Ticket kiosks and ATM’s
- Robotics and artificial limbs
- Touchscreens and smart devices
- Video games and controllers
- Smart homes
- Automotive dashboards
- Sensors and alarms
- Handheld scanners
- Surveillance cameras and monitors
- Locks, security systems and safes
- Passport readers and ID scanners
- At home health monitoring
- Rehabilitation accessories
- Fitness trackers and smart watches
- Oral drug dispensaries and vapes
- Stairlift and mobility solutions
Precision Microdrives serves customers worldwide with unique time zone positioning. This means that we can talk to our customers in their language, avoiding miscommunications. With offices in London and Hong Kong, we have the capability to support customers directly across the world daily.
Our main markets:
- Northern Europe